Straight bets are wagers picking the winner of the game ("plus" or "minus" the stated point spread or Money line) or selecting the under or the over of the stated points of the total amount scored by both teams in a particular sporting event.
10% is the standard percentage or vigorish that sportsbooks both offshore and in Nevada offer.
You may place several types of straight bets:
A wager placed on one of the sides to win outright. On the favorite you risk more to win $100. Where as on the underdog you risk $100 and receive a greater return (amount to win).
In this example, if you wager $100 on Tennessee, you risk $100 to win $250. If you select St. Louis, you risk $300 to win $100. In any event, you are picking the team to win the game without a point spread. This also applies to almost all baseball and a lot of hockey games.
POINT SPREAD - RUN LINE - GOAL LINE:
The favorite gives away points (-).
The underdog gets points (+).
Betting on a team to win by a definite # of points.
* Point Spreads are not always -110. Some times, a price different than -110 can be added to the points. That is the case of the Point Spread in Hockey, Baseball and some Football games. (Goal Line and Run Line)
||5 ov -115
|St. Louis Blues
- If you play the Dallas Stars your team has to win by 1 or more goals and you lay 100 to win 110. If you take the Blues you get +½ and you have to lay 130 to win 100.
- Any and all overtime periods and quarters are included in all game side and total decisions for all types of wagers-except if specified otherwise (Example: Soccer).
- If a selection ties, is postponed, incomplete, cancelled or rescheduled for another date, you have no action.
TOTAL:Both teams' final score added together.
You can wager on the OVER or the UNDER.
THIS IS A BET ON THE TOTAL POINTS SCORED BY BOTH TEAMS IN A GAME. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WINS THE GAME.
- OVER: You're taking this game to have more than "X" number of total points scored by both teams, combined.
- UNDER: You're taking the game to have fewer points than "X".
||ov 9 ½
||un 9 ½
· Houston and Seattle are playing each other. Let's say the final score on this game was:
If you play the OVER you risk $135 to get $100,
and if you play the UNDER, you risk $100 to get $115.
The total of runs of the game was 9. Therefore, all bets on the over are losers and the bets on the under win.
In this case, you lay $110 to get $100 either way.
Lets say the final score was Bears 21- 20, which adds up to 41 points in the game.
Bets on the over lose and bets on the under win.
· Assuming the score was Bears 23 - 21 (44); all bets on the total, over or under, will be ties; which is NO ACTION. The player doesn't win or lose any money.